9 replies to this topic

#1 Joey

Joey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

So, someone wonderful gave us a bread machine. While they meant well ("You can make your paleo bread in it!"), they don't know about the concept of SWYPO. Before we drop it off at Goodwill, I'm wondering if there are any secret compliant things you can make in a bread machine. Has anyone else been in this situation and learned anything wonderful?

#2 Fenderbender

Fenderbender

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationTwisting,turning through the nether

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

The only other use I know of is making jam and there is no application that would make that ok....

I guess it's a donation :(

#3 Robin Strathdee

Robin Strathdee

Whole9 Director of Communications

• Administrators
  • 2744 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Missouri

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

Can you sell it? Maybe use the money to buy a more useful tool?
- Robin

#4 Susan W

Susan W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4862 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

Joey, I am going to google in case there is something clever. I forget where you are but can you sell it on Craigslist?

"Let food be your medicine" Hippocrates

#5 Joey

Joey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

Thanks, guys- I did Google before I asked and got great news! Not only is a bread machine useful for making bread, it'suseful for making... cake!

So I'll try Craigslist but bread machines are kind of a dime a dozen. Lots of folks in my situation, maybe. If it doesn't move in two weeks it's being evicted.

Thought it was worth a shot, though- I was hoping someone was going to tell me how to cook a steak in this thing!

#6 Susan W

Susan W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4862 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

Lol at the thought of that turney thing bouncing off a big ole grass fed rib eye. :)

"Let food be your medicine" Hippocrates

#7 wheresanita

wheresanita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

I'm not sure where you are either, but in my neck of the woods the hospital has a house for the families of pediatric patients from out of town so they can be close to their child while he/she is receiving treatment. The house is available at no cost to the families and they are always looking for donations of household goods and food. Even if they can't use it, they can then donate or trade with another local agency for something they need. Just a thought...

#8 Derval

Derval

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4382 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Lovely idea

As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world... as in being able to remake ourselves.
Mahatma Gandhi

$5 $10 off your 1st iherb.com order over $40 with my ref code

Whole21 Jun'12  Whole28 July'12

Whole30 #5 Jan '13, #6 June '13

My Post Whole30 Log

Wholly Awesome, August '14

#9 dj_kiley

dj_kiley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:05 AM

Joey,

You mean to tell me I'm not the only one in this predicament? I, too, have been searching the interweb to see what (if any) Paleo dishes/food could be prepared in a bread machine after receiving one as a (thoughtful, albeit useless to me) gift. Looks like I'll be donating mine as well! Before we send them off, should we at least attempt to somehow cook a tasty Paleo meal in them? Nah, I hear the grill calling ;)

#10 shelley417

shelley417

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach, Florida

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

If you have a Bed Bath and Beyond near you -- my experience with them is that they will exchange anything. Even ifnyiundisnt buy it there. They must sell bread machines-- maybe you could exchange it for an immersion blender or a crockpot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users