• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

JoyMc

JoyMc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
After having a couple of exquisite slices of uswellnessmeats sugar free Whole30 approved bacon with brekkie, I'm tired.

Honestly, I think I already knew this as we've been uswellenessmeats customers for years, and I have on some level noted the energy dip after bacon for breakfast in times past.

Maybe the pronounced dip today is due to my being on Day 23 with pretty good energy.

Console me, Bacon Loving Gentiles, please.

Susan W

Susan W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4862 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon
I'd be heart broken but why do you think this happens? Have you tried making your own? It's quite easy and you will know for sure what's in it.

"Let food be your medicine" Hippocrates

MJam

MJam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationCanada
Awww boo that sucks about the bacon energy dip...I would also suggest making your own...it's easy and tasty...no need to forsake bacon :D

Jo Ferris

Jo Ferris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada
i'm forsaking bacon too... I just didn't enjoy the compliant stuff I found. I was sad but hey, I sure love a crispy broiled porkchop! mmmmm...

JoyMc

JoyMc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Well, it may not be the bacon. I had a full blown stomach virus after posting this...

I'll give bacon a try in a few days, but I think it still might be an issue.

silk

silk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco
Personally, after the initial excitement about eating bacon, I dropped it. Too heavy for me. Looks like I'm in a minority, though!

Susan W

Susan W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4862 posts

Personally, after the initial excitement about eating bacon, I dropped it. Too heavy for me. Looks like I'm in a minority, though!

I followed the direction of Melissa's bacon Manifesto and now I just use it as a condiment 90% of the time. :)

Jessie2020

Jessie2020

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA
Does anyone have the recipe for making your own bacon? Im a newbie!

Robin Strathdee

Robin Strathdee

Whole9 Director of Communications

• Moderators
  • 2695 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Missouri
Jessie2020 -

I think there are several threads with our recipes in the Food, Drink and Condiment section and maybe even in the Cooking section. We talk about bacon a lot...

Welcome aboard!!
- Robin

melbournegirl

melbournegirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2246 posts
Sad to say I have become a bacon absconder too :(

ladunn

ladunn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationGreater Philadelphia Area
Wow, I should have posted about my tiredness (is that a word) of bacon here. I was nearly attacked (not really) for saying I was sick of in in another forum. I know what you mean though. I get sugar free from US Wellness and it just isn't the same. I stopped eating it for breakfast and now use it on top of salad or if I need to get down some cooked green veggies I wouldn't otherwise be crazy about eating.

Laura's Whole 30

WHOLE30 #1: December 27, 2012 to January 25, 2013

Lost 11 lbs, gained sleep, energy & confidence!

WHOLE30 #2: January 27, 2013 to .....

Sharon Simpson Thumann

Sharon Simpson Thumann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationNaples, FL
I think she meant physically tired not.. ugh I don't want to eat bacon anymore "tired"> :D
Seed Of The Month Club

https://averagepersongardening.com/

Referral Code: HRUGFMSECI

Susan W

Susan W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4862 posts

Wow, I should have posted about my tiredness (is that a word) of bacon here. I was nearly attacked (not really) for saying I was sick of in in another forum. I know what you mean though. I get sugar free from US Wellness and it just isn't the same. I stopped eating it for breakfast and now use it on top of salad or if I need to get down some cooked green veggies I wouldn't otherwise be crazy about eating.

I think we were all just flumoxed...so many of us are bacon obsessed. :) Which is probably why the Hartwigs have a bacon manifesto and suggest using it as a condiment. I decided that having 2 pieces of bacon with 3 eggs is using it as a condiment. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users