• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

Chloe Rose Fineman

Chloe Rose Fineman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I think im allergic to ghee!

i get itchy skin and eyes - i know its supposed to be tolerable but i'm having an immune response! Is this real? Should i cut out the ghee - whats a gal to do? Anyone else experiencing ghee problems?

Renée Lee

Renée Lee

Whole9 Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1940 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA
If you're experiencing issues with something, definitely pull it out. Are you particularly sensitive to dairy? The clarification process is manual and isn't perfect. There are still trace amounts of dairy proteins left in the ghee. Most tolerate it, but if you're sensitive to it, avoid it! Duck fat's way better than ghee anyway :)

BethannM

BethannM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationIndiana
I don't use ghee at all and have done fine without it. I use Coconut oil or olive oil for my cooking fats. What foods are you specifically using the ghee with/on? I mean, cauliflower mashed "potatoes" might be better with ghee, but you can just skip the mashed part and have cauliflower, too. I was a dairy addict and have used real butter for over 15 years, but I really haven't missed it all. Try just going without!

Blessings,

Bethann M (BA)

Promise Ridge Farm

http://promiseridgefarm.wordpress.com/

Matthew 6:33

DadsSpecialT

DadsSpecialT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Purity Farms (I hope I'm allowed to say brand names? Sorry if not...) makes a ghee that is certified casein free, if casein is an issue for anyone else like me :)

MicheleC

MicheleC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
What about using clarified butter with an autoimmune protocol? I have been using coconut oil and my boyfriend was getting tired of coconut flavored food so I switched to clarified butter I made from pastured butter and he likes that better. When I cook for myself I use coconut oil. However for my next Whole 30 I am doing an autoimmune protocol without eggs, nightshades, and nuts for arthritis. Currently I don't feel like clarified butter is an issue but then again I don't feel any problems with the other foods either except I have heard that nightshades can aggravate arthritis and my chiropracter recommended leaving out nightshades especially.

Adagio

Adagio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
I am casein intolerant and use Pure Indian Foods with no issues.
Pay the farmer now or pay the doctor later. - Joel Salatin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users