• 1 posts
Air cooked popcorn OK ?

oliruns

oliruns

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCentral FL
I'm pretty sure the answer to this is going to be an unfortunate, nope since you are not allowed corn.

Adagio

Adagio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
Corn is a grain, and no grains are allowed on Whole30.
Pay the farmer now or pay the doctor later. - Joel Salatin

MJKinOki

MJKinOki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOkinawa, Japan
So, I've finished my Whole30 and decided to have a few handfuls of yummy popcorn while out at a bar with friends tonight sipping on soda w/lime. I'm SO regretting it! Almost immediately my stomach started cramping and as I sit on the couch at home now a mere hour later I can literally hear my stomach growling and bubbling and asking me "whyyyyyy?!?!?!". Sooooo not worth it! Lesson learned!

Kirsteen

Kirsteen

Whole9 Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1816 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, Scotland
Yep, as Adagio said, corn is a grain however it's cooked or prepared and therefore out for a W30.

jeepifer

jeepifer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationTwin Cities, MN
They feed corn to cattle to fatten them up. Guess what it does to us? Yep. I don't wanna be a cow!
-- Jennifer
Certified Holistic Health Coach, Member AADP
Integrated Family Health

melbournegirl

melbournegirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2350 posts
So sad, I love air popped corn.... I did a corn reintro with corn chips and was so sick, i started a whole100.....am hoping it was the vegetable oil and not the corn... Won't be able to check for another 60 days.....

Carolyn Koron Parise

Carolyn Koron Parise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationFlorida
After I finished my W30 I had some popcorn. Wow the pain I was in! It was like it was ripping itself through my intestines. So sad, I love popcorn!

praxisproject

praxisproject

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1475 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
Reintroducing corn brought back my noisy insides (gurgle gurgle), I used to think that was normal.

Whole30 in September - Melbourne, Australia - Gluten Intolerant & MTHFR-gene

You can start your own log in just a few clicks. Go to the Forum main page > under Community is Your Whole30 Log > Start New Topic. If you also tick Follow This Topic, you'll get a message when other people interact with your log.
Need portable Whole30 food? great thread. Need recipes? NomNomPaleo & ClothesMakeTheGirl have Whole30 recipes.

AIP or allergic? Check out Detoxinista , FeedMeRachel & PaleoMom's AIP Friendly - always check ingredients.

Cathlana

Cathlana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

So air popped corn is out - and I assume fresh sweet corn is also out too?

GFChris

GFChris

Whole9 Moderator Since July 26, 2013

• Moderators
  • 3752 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA

So air popped corn is out - and I assume fresh sweet corn is also out too?

All corn in all forms (even cornstarch and baking powder, which frequently contains corn) is out on a Whole30, sorry.

~Chris

jillian

jillian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

I really love salted toasted coconut flakes in lieu of popcorn. I sneak it into the movie theater (shhh... don't tell on me!)

ultrarunnergirl

ultrarunnergirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Coconut flakes are great. I love the many variations in Well Fed, my favorite being cinnamon + curry powder. I also like them right out of the fridge or freezer, plain, now that the Sugar Dragon has long gone ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users